A customized version of the FP9-3 parallel fuel filter/water separator system are used in the construction of several large tug vessels to protect their diesel propulsion engines from harmful water and other diesel fuel contaminants.
Benefits for the tug owners include:
- High flow rate capability, 5 gpm per housing, 15 gpm per set.
- All steel construction, ABS Certificate of Design Assessment.
- Water level sensing port.
- Ability to service or replace elements with engine running.
- Available as 2, 10, 30, or 50 micron nominal filtration efficiency.
- Choice of cleanable, depth, or genuine Parker Racor water-repelling Aquabloc® elements.
Aquabloc® is a registered trademark of Parker Hannifin Corporation.